Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The ability to do anything.

Today I was sent an email from a person I new in high school and it got me to thinking. In the email she said "You are brave I don't know if I could handle having a child with a disability". I think of it this way god only gives you what you can handle although he pushes pretty hard sometimes. Also I don't think of Katie as having a disability because she will learn to do everything anyone else can it just is going to take her longer. When I look at her I don't see a disability I see the ability she has to do anything. To everyone in our family she is just Katie not the kid with down syndrome.

No comments:

She loved opening the presents!

She loved opening the presents!

She got a guitar so she can play music with Daddy!!

She got a guitar so she can play music with Daddy!!

Her new sleeping bag!!

Her new sleeping bag!!

Katie and her singing dog!!

Katie and her singing dog!!